Prep time: 20 mins
Resting time: 1 hour 15 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
For the Dough:
- All Purpose Flour (maida) – 3 ½ cups
- Salt – 2 tsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 2 tbsp
- Warm Water, 110 degrees – 1 1/2cups
- 1 Envelope of Yeast – 7 gms
For the Sauce:
- Tomato sauce or Tomato ketchup – 1 cup
- Dried Oregano – to taste
- Dried Basil – to taste
- Granulated Garlic – to taste
- Granulated Onion – to taste
- Salt and Pepper – to taste
- Pinch of Sugar
- Mozzarella (shredded) – 1 cup
For the Toppings:
- Red & Yellow capsicum – 1 cup sliced
- Grilled Chicken – 1 cup (chopped into cubes
- Fresh basil – 5 to 6 leaves
- Onions – 1 large (sliced)
- Tofu – 1 cup (cubes)
To make the dough and method:
- Add the yeast to warm water and set it aside for about 3- 5 minutes
- Add sugar, oil, and salt into yeast mixture and whisk it evenly.
- Add the all purpose flour and stir until a sticky dough forms.
- Transfer dough to an oiled bowl and brush top with olive oil.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm, draft-free place until dough has doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured work surface and gently knead 1 or 2 times and rest it for another 15 minutes before using.
- To make the sauce add all of the ingredients given above and adjust the seasonings to your taste. Set aside.
- To make the pizzas, preheat the oven to 475 degrees.
- Take the dough and sprinkle some flour on it, after-that roll-out and stretch the dough with the hand (without tearing the dough) like a paratha.
- Grease the pizza baking sheet with olive oil spray and spread the stretched pizza dough on it.
- Using a ladle add the freshly prepared sauce and using the back of the ladle swirl it all over the top of the dough.
- Top it with the shredded cheese and your favorite ingredients. Cook for 20 minutes, rotating the baking sheet half way through to insure even cooking.
- Serve it hot and enjoy with your family.
- For warm place you can keep the dough inside a microwave or an oven (oven turned off) gives best result.
- You can use your favorite veggies / meat / Chicken or sausages for toppings.
- For veggie pizza you can use mushroom / tofu or paneer instead of chicken or meat.
- For white pizza you can use ricotta cheese instead of red (tomato) sauces.
- Always eat freshly made pizza, overheating it may cause health issues.