Masala dosa is famous & mouth watering recipe. Whenever I go to restaurants, blindly I choose dosa varities like rava dosa, pepper roast dosa etc., Masala dosa is one of my favorite!!!!
Enjoy it & give your feedbacks!!!
Batter preparation & Fermentation: (view this link http://wp.me/s42nDE-824)
Potato Masala Filling:
Boiled potato – 2 large
Red onion – 2
Channa dal / Kadala paruppu – 1 tbsp
Ginger – 1 piece (finely chopped)
Green chilies – 4 (chopped)
Oil – 2 tsp
Curry leaves – 4
Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
Urad dal – ½ tsp
Cumin / jeera – ½ tsp
Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
Chat masala – ¼ tsp (optional)
Salt to taste
- Heat the oil on the pan & splutter the mustards seeds.
- After that add cumin, curry leaves, urad dal, channa dal and fry until it turns to golden brown.
- Now add chopped ginger, sliced onions (don’t over cook it), salt, turmeric powder, green chillies and saute it for 2 minutes.
- Mash the boiled potatoes with hand (not fully).
- Now add the potatoes, generous amount of water, finely chat masala to taste and saute all the ingredients for 2 more minutes.
- Garnish by adding cilantro.
- Serve hot & enjoy by stuffing dosa, poori, chappathi, etc.,
- Heat a lightly oiled skillet / dosa kal over medium high heat.
- Pour a ladle full of the batter (approximately ¼ cup) onto the skillet. Using the backside of the ladle, spread with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
- Sprinkle some oil on top of it and cook the dosa for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown.
- Using a flat ladle, scrap the extra batter on top of the dosa ( we don’t flip it upside down).
- Now fill the spoonful of potato masala on top of the dosa, garnish with chopped onion, cilantro and fold it.
- Serve Hot and enjoy it with chutney, sambar / dal & curries, etc.,
I served Masala Dosa with Onion chutney, Moong dal sambar, Coconut chutney & Homemade Kollupodi!!!