It’s been heavy snow fall outside, makes me feel lazy…So I planned to make a hot & spicy curry for this weather, to boost up my metabolic rate.
So here, I thought to share a Classic South Indian Style Chicken curry, which is easy & simple to prepare. In South India, while preparing non-vegetarians, spices are the main key ingredients, which helps to blend and gives more aromatic to curries. Browning the chicken, helps juicy and tender to it.
But it’s so prefect, when we prepare this curry using clay pot. Don’t worry about the spices that I used in this curry, it was easily available in Asian & Pakistani stores.
Sesame seeds & oil is one of the most important ingredients in South Indian curries, not only helps to increase its taste and flavor, but also to make good health, especially for women.
On those days food always links with our Life, Love & Nature… But now ??? P.S give your thoughts & comments.
Chicken (with bone) – 500gms
Red onion – 1 no. (chopped finely)
Tomato – 1 no. (chopped finely)
Ginger – garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Dry Roast & Grind:
Groundnuts – 1 tbsb
Cloves – 3 nos
Cinnamon – 1 stick
Whole dry red chilies – 4 -6 nos
Whole dry coriander – 2 tbsp
Sesame seeds – 1 tbsp
Pepper corns – 2 tsp
Gingelly / sesame oil – 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Cumin seeds / jeera – 1 tsp
Aniseeds / sombu – 1 tsp
Curry leaves – 1 strand
Cilantro & mint – handful
- First dry roast the red chilies, coriander seeds, pepper corns, sesame seeds, cinnamon, cloves, groundnuts and grind it into paste by adding some water.
- Heat the oil on the low flame, splutter the mustard seeds, aniseeds seeds, cumin seeds / jeera & curry leaves.
- Now add the finely chopped onions & ginger-garlic paste, sauté until the raw flavour goes off.
- After that add the chicken & roast it until brown on both sides.
- And then add the finely chopped tomatoes and saute for 2 minutes / until mushy.
- Now add the grounded paste, add enough water & cover with lid and cook for 15 minutes until the chicken gets tender.
- Garnish it with hand full of cilantro & mint.
- Serve it hot and enjoy it with dosa, idly, steamed rice & chapathi!!!