I am so happy, one of my favorite Korean egg roll came out well. I love Korean food, it looks really fresh, colourful and appetizing to our eyes. Every time when I get free, I love to watch Korean cookings on youtube and these are my favourite websites http://eugeniekitchen.com/ ; http://www.maangchi.com/ & http://aeriskitchen.com/ .
Specially kids Love it & it is really easy for the lunch box menu.
Here, I have also presented the Valentines special egg roll (heart shaped), it looks so cute & also easy to make it. I learned this technique from Aeris kitchen. Thank you Aeris..
Hope you all enjoy the Korean egg roll / Gyeran Mari (hard to pronounce.. haa haha) with your family & special ones.
Bon appetit (Enjoy your meal) !!!
Egg – 3 nos.
Carrots – 1 tbsp
Spring onion / chives – 1 tbsp
Red bell pepper – 1 tbsp
Yellow onion – 1 tbsp
Cilantro – 1 tbsp
Pepper powder – ¼ tsp
Hot sauce (Frank’s) – 2 – 3 dash (as per taste)
Soy sauce (low sodium) – ½ tsp
Salt – ¼ tsp (as per taste)
Oil – to grease pan
- First crack 3 large size room temperature eggs in a bowl, add salt, pepper powder, dashes of hots sauce, soy sauce & beaten lightly with fork and keep aside (don’t over beat).
- Now start chopping the ingredients carrots, red bell pepper / red capsicum, green onions, yellow onions & cilantro finely.
- After chopping, add all the ingredients to the egg mixture & mix it well.
- Now heat up a non-stick frying pan over medium heat & grease with a little oil.
- Now pour about ½ cup of the egg mixture on the pan and spread it thinly by tilting the pan.
- Once it’s half done, roll the egg to the middle & pour another ¼ cup of mixture to the side and roll it with the flat saptula to the corner.
- And repeat this step until the egg mixture runs out (don’t over cook the omelette, it won’t stick while rolling)
- Once the egg roll gets cool down, cut it into ¼ inch thick / bite size.
- Serve it & enjoy with steamed rice.
For Heart Shaped Egg roll;
- First cut the egg rolls diagonally .
- Form heart shape with the two cut pieces.
- Dip the heart shape into reserved egg mixture (helps to stick).
- Apply little oil on non stick pan & fry the egg rolls on low medium heat on both sides.
- Looks yummy!!! you got heart shaped egg rolls.