Egg curry Masala / Kola poori anda rasa, it is most famous North Indian recipes. Recently, I watched this recipe from the Tv show (Ungal kitchen engal chef). Really, I loved the way the chef prepared, it is easy & simple recipes.
Actually, the chef grind the masala into paste by adding little water, she used fresh coconut, which really gives nice light colour to the recipe, but here instead of paste I have prepared in powder form, this can be stored in air tight container for more than a week in refrigerate, also this masala powder can be used for any other vegetarian or non vegetarian curries. Make a slit or plus shape with sharp knife on both ends of the egg, this helps to absorb the masala in to the egg.
This egg curry masala is perfect side dish with steamed rice, parathas, idly, dosa/ crepes etc.,
The egg can be substitute with cauliflower, broccoli, panner, mushroom, potato or baby potato, bringal / eggplant etc., for vegan version.
Happy Cooking !!
Bon appetite !!
Preparation Time : 10 minutes
Cooking Time : 20 minutes
Recipe Category: side dish
Recipe Cuisine: North India
Egg (hard boiled) – 3 nos.
Onion (medium) – 2 (finely chopped)
Tomato (large) – 1 (finely chopped)
Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Salt to the taste
Masala Powder (dry roast):
Cardamom – 2
Cinnamon – 1 small sticks
Cloves – 3 nos.
Pepper corns – 1 tsp
Poppy seeds – 1 tsp
Jeera / cumin – 1tsp
Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
Dry coconut flakes – ¼ cup
Chilly powder – 2 tsp
Coriander powder – 1tsp
Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
Curry leaves – few
Cilantro / coriander leaves
- Keep a pan on low medium heat, dry roast all the ingredients given above on masala section, grind it into powder & keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add curry leaves, chopped onions & cook it until slightly brown.
- After that, add ginger – garlic paste, saute till the raw flavour goes away.
- Add chopped tomatoes & salt to taste, cover and cook until the tomatoes are soft and tender.
- Now add the ground masala powder and mix well. Add some water, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Once it gets cook, turns into gravy, now add the boiled eggs & cook it for another 5 minutes.
- Finally garnish with cilantro.
- Serve hot & enjoy it !!