A chocolate brownie is America’s favorite baked treats. It is a flat, baked square or bars. The brownie is a cross between a cake and a cookie in texture. Brownies come in a variety of forms and they are either fudgy or cakey, depending on their density. It may also include nuts, frosting, whipped cream, chocolate chips etc.,
I baked my brownie for a minute longer, because I don’t want the gooey texture like the usual one. Brownies can be stored in a airtight container for a week at room temperature.
All-purpose flour – 3/4 cup
Eggs- 3 large
Semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chopped – 5 ounces
Unsalted butter – 1/2 cup (1 stick)
Instant coffee powder – 2 tsp
Cocoa powder – 2 tablespoons
Granulated white sugar – 1 cup
Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
Semi-sweet chocolate chips(optional) – 3/4 cup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) and place the rack in the center of the oven.
- Butter (or spray with a nonstick cooking spray) an 9 inch (22.9 cm) square pan, and line the bottom of the pan with parchment or wax paper.
- Melt the chocolate bar, chocolate chips and butter in a bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Remove from heat and cool it.
- In a separate bowl sift the flour, coco powder, sugar & salt for at least 3 times.
- Now, add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla extract & mix it well.
- Finally, add the flour cocoa mixture, chocolate chips & mix it thoroughly .
- Pour the chocolatey batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a little batter and a few moist clumps clinging to it.
- Remove it from oven and let cool on a wire rack.
- Serve & enjoy it in room temperature.