This is the recipe I adapted from my favorite blogger joyofbaking.com. I have tried to follow the same measurements from the blog for my cookies, it really came out perfect soft, chewy & chocolaty cookies. Last month I baked this lovely chocolate chocolate cookies & chocolate brownies for the trip to my home in India. I am glad that everyone loved it and I am happy to share this recipe with you all.
This chocolate chocolate chip cookies are the prefect with a glass of warm milk.
Semi bitter sweet chocolate (chopped into small chunks) + semi dark chocolate chips – 8 ounces
All purpose flour – 2 cups + 1/4 cup
Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
Unsalted butter, at room temperature – 1 cup
Light brown sugar (firmly packed) – 1/2 cup
White granulated sugar – 1/2 cup
Eggs (at room temperature) – 2 large
Pure vanilla extract – 1 1/2 tsp
Instant coffee powder – 1 1/2 tsp
Milk & semi sweet dark chocolate chips – 1 cup
Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Preheat oven to 350 deg. F (180 deg. C).
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water.
- Remove it from heat and set aside to cool at room temperature.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour with the baking soda & salt.
- In another bowl add the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar & beat it until creamy using hand electric mixer.
- Add the melted & cooled chocolate and beat until it gets well incorporated.
- Now add the egg, one at a time and beat well. Add the vanilla extract & beat well.
- Now add the flour mixture gradually and mix thoroughly.
- Add the chocolate chips to the mixture & mix it well.
- Cover and refrigerate the cookie dough until firm (atleast an hour).
- Use about a tablespoon sized ice cream scoop of batter for each cookie.
- Place the cookies on baking sheet (don’t over crowded). Gently flatten each ball of dough, with lightly moistened fingers.
- Bake the cookies for about 14 -16 minutes, rotating the baking sheet front to back about half way through the baking time.
- When cookies are done, they are just set around the edges but still quite soft in the center.
- Remove from oven and let the cookies cool for 15 minutes.
- Serve it with hot milk & enjoy the day !!!
If you like to have a crunchy cookies, bake the cookies for 2 minutes longer time.
For perfect shape cookies, as shown in the below picture, wrap the dough in parchment paper like sausage, refrigerate it until it fully set, slice it an equal shape with sharp knife & bake it.
Cookie dough can be stored in freezer for more than a month. Before using the dough, thaw it & make cookies.