Today’s recipe is Indian style vegetable fried rice. It is really simple & less time consuming recipe. This fried rice is very tasty even without the sauce …
The best rice for fried is old cooked rice (leftover rice) or cooled rice. If u like to use old rice, follow this step – after adding old rice to veggie mixture sprinkle some water over it, this helps to give moisture to the rice.
The vegetables can be add as per wish. This fried rice would be good by also adding chicken, shrimp etc.,
Mushrooms – 5 nos.(chopped )
Capsicum (orange color)– 1 no.
Carrot – 1 cup (julienne / cut lengthwise)
Sweet corn – 1/2 cup
Onion – 1 (finely chopped)
Olive oil – 3 tsp
Garlic – 1 clove (finely chopped)
Ginger – 1/2 tsp ( finely chopped)
Cooked Rice – 1 cups
Garam masala – 1 tsp
Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp
Red Chili flakes – as per taste / spice
Spring onions – finely chopped
Cilantro / coriander leaves – chopped
Salt to taste
- Heat the oil on the kadai, add garlic, ginger and saute it for 30 seconds.
- Now add finely chopped onions, red chili flakes, salt & saute it for 2 minutes.
- Add carrot, garam masala and saute it for 4 minutes or until tender.
- Now add sweet corns and saute it for a minute.
- Add the other veggies mushroom, capsicum & saute it for 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice & mix it completely with vegetable.
- Finely add green onions, cilantro & mix it.
- Serve the spicy fried vegetable rice topped with fried egg !!