Today’s recipe is one of the most famous & widely popular dip, Hummus, originated from Middle Eastern cuisine, it’s is the recipe with lots of healthy & nutritious benefits. This dip is mostly served with Pita bread (Middle eastern bread), vegetables, falafel (my favorite), vegetables, grilled chicken or meat.
Hummus is the best recipe for weight losers. It is rich in iron, vitamin C, folate and vitamin B6. It is also an excellent source of amino acids, fibers and proteins.
I used ginelly oil/sesame oil, because I love the flavor and its healthy too. The measurements of ingredients can be used as per your taste. Just keep on eye, while adding sesame oil it shouldn’t be overwhelming.
Boiled channa / chickpeas / garbanzo – 1 cup
Garlic cloves – 2 n0s.
Sesame oil – 1/4 cup
Cumin / jeera powder – 1 tsp
Tahini paste (Homemade) – 3 tbsp (as per taste)
Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
Pepper powder (freshly grounded) – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
- First soak the chickpea for overnight.
- Rinse & drain the water, keep boil the water on medium heat, add the chickpeas cover & boil it for 1 hour or until it get soft in texture.
- Once it boiled, drain & cool it (reserve some boiled water).
- Now add the chickpeas, tahini paste, oil, salt, lemon juice, pepper powder, cumin powder in a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Add some of the reserved cooking water, a little at a time, as needed until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Add salt to taste.
- Before serving, spoon the mixture into serving bowl or plate, make a swirl and on the top drizzle some oil & sprinkle paprika over it.
- Serve & enjoy with pita wedges, vegetables or crackers etc.,
- Instead of sesame oil, you can also use olive oil.
- Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.